A Kulanu volunteer and community member
light Hanukah candles together.
Photo by M. Feinberg, 2014
Why volunteer with "all of us"?
Kulanu relies on our dynamic community of volunteers who live all over the world and whose impact spans continents. Kulanu volunteers are a source of ideas and energy; they raise funds and rouse their communities; they seek and share resources; they teach in our communities; they welcome visitors and speakers to their communities; they develop educational and economic projects; they make presentations to local, regional and national groups -- and so much more!
Examples of Kulanu Volunteer Roles and Projects
Kulanu's volunteer needs are always evolving, as new communities and new projects emerge (remember, we are a nearly all-volunteer organization, with just two part-time staff members assisting scores of volunteers who are making things happen around the world!). Here are just some of the ways you can help out:
- In-Kind Donations Coordinator: Facilitate donations of books, laptops, Judaica, and other in-kind contributions - communicate with donors and with the benefiting communities to get donated items to the right places.
- Multi-media Manager: Edit and organize Kulanu's online photo and video files - help maintain an active archive for various purposes.
- Press Manager: Draft and send press releases; follow up with reporters; track media hits; grow our press contact list.
- Awareness and Education: Work on your own or with a team to organize events and presentations that inform audiences about the diversity of Jewish communities around the world.
- Youth Outreach: Engage bar/bat mitzvah students, B'nai Brith and Hillel members, young professionals, and other groups in Kulanu's work.
- Fundraising and Donor Relations: Garner support for our communities through various methods - organize meet-and-greets and other events, stay in touch with donors, and identify potential donors and funding sources.
- Digital Communications: Help keep our website, blog, and social media sites current and active - identify "friendly" blogs, websites, videos/documentaries, music and other media or charitable projects that we should know about.
- One-time project(s): These can range from research to data entry to creating promotional materials - perfect if you can't commit to something long-term.
Complete and submit the online form below, and send your resumé and cover letter to volunteers at kulanu dot org. The cover letter should state why you wish to volunteer with Kulanu, what you hope to contribute to our work, and what you hope to gain from your experience as a Kulanu volunteer. A link to your LinkedIn profile or similar can substitute for a resume/CV.
1. If you would like to go abroad to live and work within a Kulanu Jewish community, please click here to download the Kulanu Overseas Volunteer Application form. You can see the list of the Kulanu communities who have requested volunteers, as well as summaries of the communities and their respective volunteer needs, at www.kulanu.org/volunteer/overseas.
2. If you want to join the Kulanu Internship Program, please use this form to apply, thank you! (Click here to read more about the expectations for Kulanu interns.)
Please apply to be a Kulanu volunteer using the form below. You may have to use the bar on the right to scroll to the bottom for the "Submit" button.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Kulanu, Inc!
Please share this page with anyone you know who is seeking volunteer opportunities. Thanks so much.