The three leaders of the community, Petoela, Ashrey, and Touvyah, on their wedding day after the conversions.
(Photo: Barbara Vinick)
Fall 2016 Speaking Tour
Elysha Netsarh of Madagascar, Kulanu's 2016 speaker.
(Photo: Joshua Kristal)
Women waiting for mikvah.
(Photo: Shep Wahnon)
- Mikveh Moments in Madagascar: Immersion and Conversion on the Other Side of the World by Bonita Nathan Sussman (2016)
- In Madagascar, ‘world’s newest Jewish community’ seeks to establish itself by Josefin Dolsten (2016)
- Mikveh Moments in Madagascar: Immersion and Conversion on the Other Side of the World by Bonita Sussman (2016)
- In remote Madagascar, a new community chooses to be Jewish by Deborah Josefson (2016) syndicated by JTA (reprinted in Jewish publications around the world)
- 'Joining Fabric of World Jewish Community,' 100 Convert on African Island of Madagascar by Sam Kestenbaum (2016)
- The Malagasy Secret by William F.S. Miles (2015)
- Gan Eden Rediscovered by Peter Terry, AKA Yakov Zamir (2014)
- Madgascar Groups Seek Closer Jewish Ties by Cynthia Weisfield (2007)